Melbourne Vascular Imaging provides vascular specialists with ultramodern technology to perform venous ablation techniques .
At MVI, accredited and experienced sonographers provide realtime ultrasound guidance to vascular specialists during venousablation procedures. This unique and comprehensive
service results in minimal complications, and a thorough and effective clinical outcome.
Endovenous Radio-Frequency Ablation (EVRFA) For Patients:
EVRFA is modern technique used in cases of varicose veins to shut poorly functioning veins. The procedure is a less invasive alternative to traditional surgery and is performed under a local anesthetic by a vascular surgeon by introducing a radio-frequency catheter through a skin puncture and passing the catheter up the vein.
The procedure can be performed with very little risk particularly compared to surgery and has proven excellent results. Both legs can also be treated in one session.
- Minimal discomfort.
- Procedure performed in sterile conditions with no need for hospital admissions or overnight stays.
- Minimal time off work or interference with normal daily activities.
- Both legs can be treated in the one session.
- Unsightly spider veins can be treated simultaneously.
- Additional course of ultrasound-guided sclerotherapy may be required later to treat remaining veins.
- Injected / treated areas may remain inflamed for a short period of time.